Sunday, June 17, 2012

dream: 120617

I am tussling with an old friend (let's call him Wolverine).  We are belittling each other a bit, and fighting about how much money we make.  I violently move an elbow or some limb as we are grappling on the floor, and Wolverine gets a gash above his eyebrow.  We immediately relax, I ask if he wants a band-aid or something for the wound.  He agrees to this, and walks away to find a chair in my house to sit in.

The furniture and decor of the house I recognize as my own is quite strange, and actually appears nothing like my actual house.  The layout, however, is roughly the same.  The objects in the house are mostly transparent and somewhat crystalline, with tall points and many layered edges.  In certain areas it appears similar to how a series of panes of glass arranged in parallel might look.  The walls appear in this style as well.

I stand up and remove my glasses.  I notice that my vision does not blur, and soon realize that I am dreaming.  Since I don't need my glasses, I tuck them into my shirt pocket.  I am rummaging around for a band-aid near Wolverine, and he comments, "Oh, you got contacts?"  I reply, "No, I am dreaming."  There is a bit of a grin on Wolverine's face that quickly blurs and fades to blackness, at which point I awaken.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Do you lucid dream? I was trying to learn how to recently but kinda gave up on it. It's hard work, frankly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to learn how, and I've kept a dream journal for a couple years. I usually remember a few dreams when I awaken, but I don't always write them down. But that is a good step towards lucid dreaming, I think. I am just lazy with it.

    I've gone lucid at least one or two times. There are some things that "they" say about dreaming that in my experience are correct and can be used to tell if you are dreaming. For example, flipping a light switch on or off may have no effect, using a TV remote may have no effect or unpredictable effects, digital clocks will display in unintelligible markings that may transform in shape. There are probably some other things similar to this as well.

    ReplyDelete